Monday, October 10, 2011

dear readers,
i cannot express my complete apologizes to all of you who have relied on my blog for information and tips about this awful disease. There has been so many things going on i put this blog on the back burner due to he fact that i don't have such a severe problem with my stomach. But since i've been getting emails about how my blog has helped them recently, i feel that i must start up my blog again and continue telling my story.
I have recently just began my first year of college, and I absolutely love it. For orientation i got a doctors excuse for when i scheduled my classes that they must be later in the morning/day. My earliest class is at 9:30 which is somewhat of a struggle to get up, but i can usually shake it off andcontinue my day on a high note. i only have three classes and a lab so the stress level is generally low. Two classes back to back on monday, wednesday, and friday going from 9:30 until 12:20. Then i;m done for the day. tuesday i only have history from 10 to 12 along with thursday when i have an additional lab from 2:45 to 5:45. i am really happy with all of my classes, especially my biology classes. being a biology major i adore this class and lab, even though its not exactly what i like to study in biology, ecology.
Now i know you all must be wondering how i do my food. There is one cafeteria and there are a couple restaurants somewhat like a food court in our union. all freshman had to get an unlimited meal plan for the cafeteria, but the food is from eat 'n park. not to diss that establishment, but their food is of the lowest quality and happened to make me sick every time that i ate there, no matter what it was. being vegetarian already limit my diet there, and what was left was salad, pizza, and pasta, along with some bizarre specials they would tend to make. all of these being the lowest quality and honestly awful to eat i would throw up almost every time iate there. so something had to change, they wanted to make me my own special menu there but i told them that it didn't work due to the quality of the food not the range in options. the good thing is in our union i have so many choices and can eat very well without getting sick. of course this place is more expensive and they had to change my meal plan completely to fit to this change in eating.
so now i can eat on campus, along with eating in my room. my dad got my a rice cooker, which i found that makes a lot more than just rice. i've made my favorite pasta roni and some mac and cheese without even leaving my room since microwaves are not allowed in out dorms. so i have a lot of options.
i've been drinking a lot of cold tea which seems to always keep my stomach settled along with me being awake and alert.i'll come up with some more way i have been dealing with college for my next post.

hope you all are feeling so well!
xoxo

No comments: