Thursday, February 18, 2010

Endoscopy...

Hello all,
So this morning I had to get an endoscopy on the upper GI track.

-
Upper GI endoscopy is a procedure that uses a lighted, flexible endoscope to see inside the upper GI tract. The upper GI tract includes the esophagus, stomach, and duodenum—the first part of the small intestine.

It was super quick and easy. I've had one before last March when my symptoms were getting to severe to handle. They found back then that i had erosions in my stomach, esophagus, and intestines. I've been on Protonix ever since. Today they still are finding the erosions.

They wanted to scope me, especially after diagnosing me with gastroparesis, to see what is causing it. Like a blockage. They also tested me for a bacteria called H. pylori.

-Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a type of bacteria. Researchers believe that H. pylori is responsible for the majority of peptic ulcers.

So we will hopefully get results soon on what is going on...


hope you al have a great
nausea free day!

xxoxoxo.



contents from: The National Digestive Diseases Information Clearing House

No comments: