Friday, February 26, 2010

FOOD! how to get nutrients you need!

hey lovlies!
so we've been trying so hard to find good food that follows all of my diets, but give me the nutrients and protein i need without making me want to puke. i know this is sooo difficult for most people with GP or IBS and Acid Reflux, because if you have more than one the diets overlap and contradict one another. so here are a couple of foods i've found that really help me.

1. Carnation Instant Breakfast Essentials. These are actually good, i did NOT like Ensure or any other nutrient drink, caus they were just gross! But these instant breakfasts taste great and have so many nutrients that i need. They are excellent sources of Protein, Calcium, and have 21 vitamins and minerals in each drink. They come in packs with a whole bunch of different flavors like CHOCOLATE! i cant eat chocolate for my acid reflux diet, but i can with these drinks. theyre really good and i drink them every morning with my dose of erythromycin.

2. Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich. The funny thing about this is that i hate peanut butter and i hate bananas, but together theyre quite good. I was watching Paula Deen and she made a similar recipe that looked sooo good, but i changed it just a bit. This is my recipe: Take a english muffin and toast it in the toaster. Them take peanut butter, honey, and ground cinnamon and mix them together. No real measurements just put as much as you like until they taste is good. Them slather that mixture on your english muffins. Put the peanut butter on both sides of the muffin so that the bananas sick. Then cut piece of banana in the middle of the sandwich. And thats it! you get the protein from the peanuts, and great nutrition from the banana.

3. Kashi Go Lean Cinnamon Harvest Cereal. I just eat this plain since i cant drink milk. i know GP people are not supposed to eat fiber because its bad for digestion but it conflicts with my other stomach diets for acid relux and gerd and since i can keep it down i still try ot eat it. Its a really good snack if youre starving but dont want anything heavy or make a full meal. You can get a huge pack of two bags at Sams Club.



Alright i know its only three but its soo hard to find food.
i'll keep posting when i find more!

1 comment:

Robyn S. said...

Hello! I just left a comment on your other blog, but it occurred to me that you should really meet my bloggy-friend Brittney if you haven't already. She has gastroparesis too, and her blog is The Road I'm On. I found her on Chronic Babe, another great support resource, and she's really awesome!