Monday, March 1, 2010

my baby gem.



hey everybody!
i wanted to post about one of the most important things that has helped me so unbelievably much through this rough past 8 months. Other than my amazing boyfriend and parents my puppy Gemma has literally been by my side every second of it.
Gemma is a 9 month Morkie. she is half maltese and half yorkie, and she is the princess. i spoil her so much. she wayy more like a maltese than a yorkie. shes the sweetest thing in the world and so attached to me. i love her so so so very much. she lies with me when im sick, sits in my lap when im in the bathroom throwing up, she sleeps in my bed with me, and we even take showers together. its easier that way since she needs bathed every week.
i take really good care of her because im home all the time, like brushing her hair and teeth atleast once a day, dressing her up in her elaborate clothes and taking pictures, and doing her luscious hair.
Pets are such great stress relievers and company. not only dogs but cats or other comforting pets. it has been shown in many studies that people suffering from illnesses or recovering from operations recover quicker when a pet is there to give them support and companionship.Animals are often very predictable and constant in their reaction to their owner. Pets, especially dogs, can help a person feel safe from a security perspective. This can be a source of relief. Animals, in general, give unconditional acceptance to their owners. A person can be themselves with their animals and not fear for rejection.
i really suggest that anoyone who is stuggling with not only gastroparesis, but any other longterm chronic illness to invest in a pet. you have a life long best friend who will always be there at your side. i know gemma has helped me so incredibly much throughout the time that we've had her. money can buy love && happiness because it bought me her and it was the best purchase we have ever bought.

here are some pictures of the baby:
when we first got her:
she loves my boy.
she loves her wardrobe and the great outdoors.
especially snow!




i hope everyone is doing well!
dont forget to ask me any questions!
xoxoxo.

5 comments:

apparellel said...

omg. i totally agree about animals and healing. i have a dog and i suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome and panic disorder. which in turn leads to a lot of depression, as you know. my dog has been like a saviour to me. she has taken on so much of my shit. literally in the last year, which has been really ultra hard for me she has been getting grey fur around her mouth (like a little beard haha) and she is only 3! and i know it's because she is taking on my stuff. oh how amazing they are. i'm going to read more on your condition i just don't want to induce a panic attack. seriously. i am so sorry you are suffering but i am glad you have an outlet. that is the most important thing ever!!

xxx
t

julianne. said...

dog are just the most amazng creature ever, that is so unbelievable how she took you stress and made her grey. i mean i guess thats bad but how amazing is that?! they are just so seriously amazing, i dont know what id do withouy my gemma she is my baby and a distraction from my stomach.. wow i could not imagine what you go through either. chronic illness just suck! thats for taking the time to read about me. i just hope i can help someone.

Couture said...

What a cute dog! It's great you find comfort in your friendship with her :-)

Judith

Kata Wagner Berg said...

So cute pictures! I like how you dress her...just like I dress Mini

apparellel said...

i am sure you are helping more people than you know sweet thing! you, no doubt are an angel. love.

xxx
t